Promotion and Encounter Centers (ASTI)
Promotion and Encounter Centers aims to be:
- Points of reference for immigrants arriving in our Autonomous Community of Madrid and need to discover the cultural codes that make up the life in our society.
- Integration platforms in the neighborhood and in the society in general.
Target group(s): Migrants
There are etnically oriented centers and general cenbters aimed to reach:
- The elimination of linguistic and socio-labor barriers.
- The promotion of valid attitudes and decent living conditions that foster mutual recognition and enhance the sense of belonging.
- The recognition of the religious cultural values of the person.
- Support for the immigrant person to carry out their personal and family life project.
- Education for the exercise of responsible citizenship in a multicultural society.
Type of product
Courses / Training
Advising and Follow Up Services and Workshops
Brief description of the product / outcome / method
Reception and Orientation
Spanish language and culture classes
Family and Coexistence Workshop
Impact on target groups / Transferability potential
The impact is very high and accelerates and shorten the initial progres of social understanding of the hosting society by the migrant. The initiative is totally transferable.
Promoter of the initiative
Name of organization / individual: ASTI (Diocesan Delegation of Migrations of Madrid)
Contacts: C/ Raimundo Fernández Villaverde, 18 Metro: Cuatro Caminos: líneas: 1, 2, 6 Tel.: (91)365.65.18 firstname.lastname@example.org