Consortium of migrants assisting organizations
The Consortium is an umbrella organization that was founded in 2003 in Prague. At present, it brings together 20 non-governmental organizations, which either directly assist migrants or are involved in the integration of foreigners in other ways. Some of our members have been providing legal and social counseling to foreigners for more than two decades, some organize educational and entertaining events that bring together Czechs and foreigners, some of our members are newcomers to the field that bring innovative new approaches to their work.
We facilitate cooperation between our member organizations, as well as train and empower their employees. We advocate on behalf of our member organizations for the improvement of conditions for foreigners in this country and support a functioning diversity in Czech society.
Target group(s): migrants, proffesionals, press, public
- Goal is to:
- Encourage cooperation and exchange of good practices between our members by organizing regular meetings of four working groups: social work, legal counseling, advocacy & lobbying and communication & media
- Participate in and initiate meetings with relevant stakeholders among politicians, civil servants, experts, businesspeople, academics and others.
- Organize professional trainings and workshops on topics relevant to the work of our member organizations
- Organize debates and seminars on the most relevant topics today
- Prepare policy reports and research compilations on varied topics connected to migrations.
- Holding cultural events and educational activities.
- Holding special meetings for journalists and publish press releases on topics of immediate relevance and with a long-term reach.
- Provide background materials on migration-related topics and contacts among experts in the field.
- Offer training workshops for publications.
Type of product
Network, PR, link to service providers
Brief description of the product / outcome / method
A meeting point – a place for dialogue
Our mission is to provide a place for an exchange of ideas and dialogue both internally – for our member organizations – and externally – relaying the issues important to our members to other stakeholders nationally and internationally.
The Consortium coordinates five working groups, which facilitate the sharing of know-how between member organizations and provide an opportunity to define common goals and look for common solutions. We offer employees of our members professional training and topical seminars, as well as space to promote their work.
We also aim to be a reliable partner for politicians, public officials, educational institutions, academics as well as international NGOs, speaking in one voice (though providing diverse perspectives) that represents our members. We organize debates with various stakeholders, workshops for the state administration, municipalities and regional authorities. We also publish commentaries and analyses on pressing migration-related issues.
Impact on target groups / Transferability potential
We strive to improve the dialogue between various actors with different approaches to migration-related topics. We envision a confident Czech society ready to integrate migrants in a mutually enriching way without threat to Czech values and citizens. This country has positive experiences for the past quarter century with the integration of migrants as well as strong democratic values that we can build on in the future.
Promoter of the initiative
Name of organization / individual: Consortium of migrants assisting organizations
Country: Czech Republic
Contacts: Baranova 1026/33 130 00 Prague 3 – Žižkov Czech Republic, +420 235 301 344, email@example.com